Called to Serve in the Peru Piura Mission

Monday, July 4, 2016

WE HAVE THE BOOK!!!


Hey, guess what?  I ate at Chili´s last week!  :)  It was the best food I’ve eaten in 2 years! I was so happy :)

Monday night we had an appointment with these awesome investigators and we walked like 2 miles to get to their house. They weren’t there and it ended up falling through.. we were a little bummed out, trying to think about what we should do next. We stop and offer a quick prayer and right as we finished, a voice called out to us and told us to come... We presented ourselves and ended up finding a really awesome couple that wanted to hear our message. They didn’t have light in their house so it was hard to see, but we could feel it.  I know that God send us to them...

Oh so get this, we enter into this house, and this guy is there with his family and he says, okay if you can answer me one question, I will let you stay. We smiled and said "okay go ahead." :) This was his question: If we are all God´s children, why did he only send Christ to the Middle East and not to the Americas? Oh my word, we about died. We were smiling from ear to ear, because WE HAVE THE BOOK!!!!!! We presented it to him and then we gave him a copy of The Book of Mormon and told him to read it.  He´s already read a ton of chapters and he came to church to us this week with his daughter... haha! What a miracle! :) And the best part, he even told an Evangelist preacher that he was "dumb" for not believing in the Book of Mormon! Hahaha!  This guy is the man.

Wednesday we helped this sister weed her backyard – it was more like a forest. It’s a good thing I’ve had a lot of practice :) 

Thursday, oh my word, we literally traveled all day long. We had to pick up some documents in Tambo Grande and bring them to Piura and it was quite the adventure.  We left at 8 AM and didn’t get back to Chulucanas til like 4 PM.  On the bright side, I ended up sitting to a less active member of the church on the ride there and we had a nice chat and she even said she was gonna go to church this past week for the first time in 8 years! On the way back, I found myself sitting by a nun from Cincinnati so we had a good chat.... NUNS ARE CRAZY!!!

It was my companion’s birthday this week so we did the famous egg throw on his head... :) 



We started our fast on Saturday afternoon.  We were fasting for some progression here in Chulucanas, and as we were fasting, we pass by the house of this member to see how he’s doing.  He told us to wait for a minute to call his friend and he then made a lesson for that same night for us to meet up and it turned out really well.

Sunday was testimony meeting. I felt the spirit so strong as the members were sharing their testimonies and I felt prompted to share mine... sometimes as missionaries I feel like we’re always testifying of the restoration and the Book of Mormon and we forgot to testify of Him... I know that He lives. He is my Savior, and He has healed me.  I love Him, and I serve Him.
After I sat down, my buddy Ricarte who is a RM from Bolivia stood up for the first time in 2 years.  He told me that he felt impressed to stand up after he heard my testimony.  I guess God works in mysterious ways.. He prompted me to stand up so that Ricarte would have the opportunity to share his.

I love the mission, Mom. I don’t want to come home. I don’t want to come home. I don’t want to come home.

-Elder Harris

love you guys





No comments:

Post a Comment