Called to Serve in the Peru Piura Mission

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

I'm in Peru!

Heyyy family. We get 3 minutes to say we made it here safely.  Geez I'll tell ya I am having the absolute best time of my life.  I dont think I've stopped smiling the whole time!  :)  My P days are on Thursday but they don't start until next week so it will be probably another 10 days before you hear from me again.  

I have sooo many crazy stories.  I can't wait to tell you guys about them.  My companion is Elder Ayara.  He's from New Jersey.  He's the same kid that's been talking to me on Instagram.  I thought he was from Florida but i guess not.  He's a super cool guy, but pretty quiet.  We get a long swimmingly :)  All the other elders are super nice but super quiet.  I feel like I always have to generate the conversation but hey, still love every single one.  I've been hanging out with Elder HANVEY the whole way - the one from AF.  We have a lot to talk about so that's super nice. 

Lima is sick, it reminds me of the run down part of Salt Lake with some Mexican flavor.  La policia is EVERYWHERE!  In the 45 we were on the bus, we saw 16 cops with their lights on! 
 
Anyways... I gotta get off.  Just know that I'm safe and I am absolutely loving every minute here.  I wouldn't want be anywhere else!

PS - we arrived at the CCM about 3:15 and they made us get up at the normal missionary time.  Very funny, Peru.  Very funny.  Take care family, love and miss you guys!
 
- Elder Harris III

No comments:

Post a Comment