Called to Serve in the Peru Piura Mission

Monday, April 11, 2016

CHANGING CHULUCANAS LESSSGOOOO!

This week was pretty slow :)

Last Monday we just kicked it here in Chulucanas... There’s a big sign on the entrance so we took some pics with it and the river.. I’ll send some pics :) He didn’t send any.  L

Tuesday we didn’t have much success.. so that’s all I’ll say about that. :)

Wednesday and Thursday, my companion was deathly sick with a stomach infection so we stayed in the room almost all day.  Oh my word, Mom, I about died. It was so ridiculously boring! Haha! I don’t think I’ve ever read so many scriptures in my entire life... 

On Friday we had a zone meeting and it actually turned out really well.  Everyone in our zone stood up and looked at a huge picture of Christ and basically told Him why we were here.  I was surprised to see how emotional I got.  I think a tear even fell! It was the first time I’ve cried in a long time... Definitely a powerful experience for me, and for everyone.

Later that day, we saw a change of heart in a family that were teaching.  We don’t know how it happened, but they just suddenly had a desire to follow Christ and get baptized.. we put a baptismal date for all of them for May 14th.  :) CHANGING CHULUCANAS LESSSGOOOO!

Speaking of baptisms, we’re having one this Saturday for Ricardo Seminario and we’re super excited for him.  I’ll send pics next week :)

Saturday and Sunday was elections for President here in Peru. It’s kinda weird but we were not allowed to proselyte... so all of Saturday, we visited straight members, and on Sunday, we were prohibited to leave our room.  So instead, we traveled to Piura and stayed with Elder Hendrix and Elder Poelman and then today we traveled to Paita to go to the beach :) 

We pretty much just kicked it in their room ALL DAY and played Monopoly.  It was like we had our own spring break in the mission. Haha! By the way, I won. :) He always wins at Monopoly at home.  He’s like a monopoly genius!

Soooo that’s about all I did this week.  To be honest, it was superrrr lameee.. but this next week is gonna be awesome!  We’re gonna work like machines and do everythihng we can! :) 

4 weeks until mothers day! Haha!

tu panan chiscama :)


-Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment