Called to Serve in the Peru Piura Mission

Monday, May 18, 2015

BIG Transfer News

This week was great.. a little strange none the less.  I guess I’ll start by saying that I got transferred... it was an unknown transfer is what they told me... they just said that I have to be in Piura at 8 am for an interview with President Rowley.  I guess I’m the new secretary in the mission... for the new president that is coming next transfer.  It caught me a little bit off guard, but hey... I’m here to do Gods will, right? :) So of course, I accepted... gladly :) 

My new companion is Elder Nosa from Columbia..  and my ¨trainer¨ or the  2 or 3 weeks is named Elder Clawson from Maple Mountain haha.  They’re both really sharp guys.. we are in an area called Ignacio Marino or something like that... to be honest, I’ve been up since 5 and running around all day... I’m exhausted.

As for Sullana, it about ripped my heart out when I heard the transfers.  To be honest, I thought they were kidding. I thought for sure that Elder Rengifo and I would stay another transfer together... but like I said, I guess God has a different plan for me.  It was really hard to leave everyone behind on such short notice.  So many good friends I made back in Bellavista.   I truly am going to miss that place.  

It was actually super cool.. so one of my best friends.. our mission leader, was in Lima all week and he wasn’t going to be able to make it back in time to see me.. so I was super bummed out about that.. BUT, this morning when we were in Piura waiting at the bus stop... guess who showed up? Abner Ruiz! ah it was so good to see him. 

Anyways, I’m kind of in a hurry. Sorry there’s not much information about my week.  Hope you guys have a great week.. love and miss you!

- Elder Harris








No comments:

Post a Comment