Called to Serve in the Peru Piura Mission

Monday, May 25, 2015

New Missionaries


This week was different.  Like I said last week,  I didn’t really know how I felt about the whole office thing.  It takes up a lot of time, and to be honest, I felt like I was missing out on a ton of opportunities.  I mean, in my old area in Bellavista, we had so much success.  We saw and performed miracles, we saw people change their lives and I thought being in the office I would miss out on a lot of those opportunities.

But.. to be honest, I’ve grown up a lot this week.  I realized that never again in my life will I have a better opportunity to serve so many people.  All day, every day I help missionaries.  I help President Rowley.  I spend all my time giving, and there’s no glory in it.  Just the way Christ would do it.  What a great opportunity that I have to become more like my Savior.

We work hard here.  We wake up earlier than usual, and go to bed late just because were so busy.  2 nights ago, we didn’t finish until 10:30 but then again, it is the first week out of transfers so it’s always hectic.  We usually get about 3 hours every day to work out in the field.  



Last Tuesday was super fun.. we got to go to the airport to pick up the new missionaries.. oh man.. they look so young. CHURRESS.  We got to welcome them to the mission and give them a little presentation.  We also got to eat lasagna after so #booyah.  

Wednesday the package you sent me arrived... THANK YOU. Seriously I was so happy when I saw it :)   The new camera works great. :)

Friday was dope.. so we had some BUSINESS we needed to do, so Elder Nosa and I went into downtown Piura.  Being dressed up in a white shirt and tie in a big city.. we felt like bosses.  It was really, really pretty.  It felt a lot like the States.

The ward here is amazing. I told you last time but I’m in an area called Ignacio Merino, Algarrobos.  The ward is pretty big.. we have about 110 - 120 members.  There are 2 sister missionaries that also attend our ward.. there super cool.  Yesterday in church, they talked a lot about having and keeping a vision and that sometimes we lose them for what we want in the moment.  I thought that was quite interesting... anyways, DONT LOSE THE VISION.

Our area is doing well considering how much time we have to work.  We have this family we are working with and they are AMAZING.  Seriously, some of the nicest people I’ve ever met.  They have a baptismal date for the end of June but they’re not married so... yeah that’s a problem. As always, stay tuned.

But for real, it was a great week.  Definitely stressful, but amazing.  Thanks for everything. I love you guys!

- Elder Harris


No comments:

Post a Comment