Called to Serve in the Peru Piura Mission

Monday, June 22, 2015

Miracle #997852


Hey family, 

Sooo last Monday was dope like I told you ... we went to Catacaos which is known for its art.  Art of all kind,... Porcelin, wood, clay, you name it, they have it.   All of it is handmade and its actually pretty cheap.  We only had like an hour to be there cause we were so busy, but I really enjoyed it.  I would love to go back again. 

Monday night I got a call saying that Elder Corpona got hit by a moto.  Great, right? He was rushed to the emergency room and got some stitches in his face but he’s good. For some reason, they had him stay the night in the hospital so we had party round 2 which was awesome.  

Tuesday I spent the majority of the day in migrations with Elder Yujra and there ain’t nothin fun about that so I’ll move on. There’s this investigator we have named Oscar and he moved to Lima like a month ago and we thought he was staying but jokes on us because he moved back and we were super happy about that.  We talked about baptism and how that it’s the way that we follow Christ.  Updates to be posted......

Thursday was amazing.  Try miracle 997852 because our investigators Nestor and Patricia  ARE NOT MOVING TO CHICLAYO!!!!!! Apparently Nestor found a job here in Piura and they’re staying. When he was telling us this we were so happy for them, smiling from ear to ear.  He said "God blessed me with this job because I’m following him.  I am beginning to see the hand of the Lord in my life every day".  It’s so simple but I think that sometimes we make it more complicated than it needs to be. When we follow Him, we’re blessed.  There’s nothing else to it.  

Anyways, we talked about the great plan of Salvation and how marriage is key to His plan... they should be getting married in about 2 or 3 weeks.  So this was also something funny that happened.  We were like sorry Nestor, there’s not gonna be church this week (because of the dedication of the temple) and not kidding he about had a heart attack.  He was like "WHAT?! NO... I NEED to go to church" haha 

Anyways, speaking of the dedication.. it was amazing. I don’t know if you guys saw it, but the spirit was so strong.  Elder Uchtdorf came to Trujillo and oh the members were so excited.  He said something in his talk that I really liked. "Today is a commitment to walk with God with all my heart... so that my children will see me as an example and desire to follow me" I really liked that. One of my favorite parts of the dedication was when they showed the "day by day" pics of the building of the temple.  As I looked around the chapel, almost every member was in tears... NEVER in my entire life have I seen a group of people so happy.and the temple is still 6 HOURS AWAY.  I know I talked about it last week, but it makes me so grateful to know that we have a temple 5 minutes from our house.  How blessed we truly are.  You have no idea.

Anyways, to close on a good note, we’ve been eating a lot of rabbit lately and I think it’s my new favorite meat.  If you happen to come across it at Kohler’s, be sure to buy it.

Anyways, espero que tengan una buena semana... les extraño y les amo.  No caigan. That’s for you Cody :) 

nos vemossssss

- Elder Harris


No comments:

Post a Comment