Called to Serve in the Peru Piura Mission

Monday, August 10, 2015

Greatest P Day Adventure

Wow I about died I missed you so much this week :) haha no broma... sounds like a great week though. I loved the pics of you guys boating but a little jealous none the less.  I hope the water was cold so you guys understand what I’m going THROUGH EVER SINGLE DAY! Ha! I’ve taken a total of 2 hot showers in my 11 months that I have here. I’m about sick of this cold water to be honest.  
Geez how many people did you guys take on the boat?? I can’t believe that Kenzie is starting school next week? my word where did the summer go?? Gonna be a junior already?!

This week was stressful, great, and super fast.

Last Monday we completed our goal of contacts as a zone so we woke up at 3 AM to take a bus to the Sierra of Peru to a little city called Canchaque, Huancabamba. IT. WAS. AMAZING. Not kidding, one of the prettiest cities I’ve ever been in.  We arrived in Canchaque about 7 AM (about a 3 hour bus ride) and we hopped in the back of 2 big trucks that took us even deeper into the mountains.  We went on this super sketchy trail for about 30 minutes to get to, not kidding, the most isolated village I’ve ever seen in my life. The village was called Pampaminuses and I’ll bet there was only 30 - 40 people that lived there.  No school, no electricity, nothing.  Nothing, nothing, nothing. Not kidding when these people saw us it was like another world to them. Crazy.
We found a trail that led up to these super pretty waterfalls. It was about a 2 hour hike and I loved every minute of it :) 

I’m sorry that I don’t have much time today - we just got back from helping in the mission home and I’ve gotta get some more work done so we can get out tonight to work.  It’s been transfer week and it’s been absolutely crazy.  I thought of it like elves on Christmas... like the week before Christmas all the elves are trying to get all the toys ready.. yeah that’s kinda how I feel. :)

Anyways, Elder Nosa and I are staying together for our 3rd transfer..  haha!  He’s been a good companion. We get along good and we’re good friends but sometimes we have some times where I just want to kill him. I guess that’s what happens when you’re with someone for 3 months straight. haha.. I guess it’s preparing me for my wife, right? :) 

So also there’s gonna be another Elder that’s gonna stay with... His name is Elder Hamblin and he’s from Arizona.  He has like 2 weeks left in his mission because he’s gonna go home early to start school.   So he’s gonna chill with the us for a while. I don’t exactly know what he’s gonna do but hey, it should be good. We’re good friends, he was actually my first District Leader when I got to the mission in Talara and we went on a ton of work visits.

I’m sorry that I just don’t have much time this week but I love you guys and miss you like super a lot. :)

Have a great week!

-Elder Harris





No comments:

Post a Comment