Called to Serve in the Peru Piura Mission

Monday, March 14, 2016

It Was a Tough Week


Okay... this week... was...cool.

To be honest, it was a tough week.  Chulucanas is TOUGH. The people are hard, and don’t want anything to do with us. There was 1 person in the area book when I got here, and I’m pretty sure we only entered into like 6 houses this week.. WOW. 

The members here are cool. Very few, but very nice. Our pensionista, Neli, is AMAZING. Her husband is our mission leader,

Tuesday we couldn’t even fill our agendas cause there weren’t enough people to write down.. so what did we do? We contacted ALL DAY :)  It was funny, we got back to the room and my companion plops on the floor and says "oh my word, I’ve never talked to that many people in my whole life".   I just smiled and laughed. :) 

Wednesday I completed a year and a half. It was a better day though. :)  We met a recent convert named Elisabeth.  Not kidding, never have I met someone that has passed through so many problems. Her parents died when she was a girl, her husband abused her, now she lives in the middle of no where...alone. But in spite of all of her problems, she is the most pure women I’ve ever met. Clean. Her heart is as white as snow. She has been a huge example to me even though I just barely met her.

Thursday we traveled to Morropón (the other village were in charge of). It’s about an hour away and the drive is BEAUTIFUL through the mountains. We have 3 baptisms coming up and were super excited. The Lord blessed us with a MIRACLE!  We were walking and this lady randomly starts yelling "ELDERS, ELDERS" we go over and talk to her, apparently she’s from Lima and has been attending church for 6 years but her and her daughter aren’t members yet  They were about to get baptized in Lima but they moved to Morropon and lost contact with the church and the missionaries. We set a date for April 9th.. :) 




Friday we found a teenager named Jorge. He was super cool, he reminded me a lot of me a couple years back.  Anyways, he had a ton  of questions and even accepted a baptismal date for the 16th of April! best part is that he came to church this Sunday!! booyahhhhhh

We shared a message with a active family this week about when Jesus came to the Americas.  We read 3 Nephi 11 with them where it describes how He looked when he descended from the Heavens. We all agreed that we would have given anything to have been there in that moment.  We talked about how Christ is coming soon, and that we need to be prepared for that day. I asked them and they said that they were working on becoming. Then we asked their 17 year old daughter who isn’t a member.... her answer was no. We asked her what she thought she lacked?  It got really silent, the spirit pounded the room and in a soft voice she says, "to be baptized".  She accepted a date and were super excited for her. :)  

This week was great....a little slow as far as finding new people, but I know this next week will be better.

I love you guys... see you soon.

-Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment