Called to Serve in the Peru Piura Mission

Monday, April 20, 2015

Bananas!


Family!

This week was great. I feel like ever week just keeps getting better :) 

Last p day, we went to a small village called Huangala.  SUPER SMALL... haha!  There’s like a water spring in the middle of the village and everyone goes there to shower and wash their clothes.. pretty cool! It was just SOO PRETTY and so much fun.  We went with some members that live there up this big mountain and we found some shade and had ourselves a picnic.. we enjoyed it :) Monday night was AMAZING!  I TOOK A REAL SHOWER. Yeah, I know, I can’t believe it either. You can bet I was smiling the rest of the night... for once I felt clean!

Tuesday and Wednesday were great. We taught a ton of lessons, and had the opportunity to give some blessings.  

On Thursday President Rowley, Hermana Rowley AND her parents (x mission presidents) decided they would stop in on out district meeting..  everyone was freaking out but it wasn’t too bad. 
Anyways, in the afternoon... I felt impressed to pass by a less active members house.. I didn’t know them, but we decided to go anyway.  They opened the door, and gladly let us in.  The spirit was super strong in the lesson but little did we know what actually happened. Apparently Maria and Ana had been praying the last little while to really know if the church was true.  They told us when we showed up at their doorstep that day, they received their answers that it was the true church of God. It was really an amazing experience to be part of someone else receiving an answer from God.  They attended church on Sunday, and are progressing swimmingly :)

Friday was DOPE.  We woke up at 5:30 and helped a member Santos Camacho in his banana fields! AMAZING!  I don’t know if you’ve ever seen banana trees, but they’re HUGE. The leaves are literally like 7 feet long.  So after we had a traditional Peruvian breakfast, he handed me a machete and we were off to work :) We finished about 1:00 in the afternoon and we were super tired but you better believe we had a blast :) It was just something new, something I have never done before.

Saturday was really great. We had a lesson with a less active member, Hermana Clara.  She really opened up to us and shared with us some problems that were going on in her life... it was hard.  I could see the pain in her eyes.  But as we testified of the love that God has for her.. that we don’t understand exactly how she’s feeling, but He does.  I saw a change, mom. I saw hope.. hope that with God she can get through these times.

This week was just amazing. I had so many moments where my heart was touched by these people.. I truly love them with all my heart. My testimony has been strengthened by them.  

I hope you guys had a great week too.. :) like I always say, it probably wasn’t as good as mine :)

 love you guys.. have a great week. miss youuuuu guyssss

- Elder Harris 

No comments:

Post a Comment