Called to Serve in the Peru Piura Mission

Monday, July 27, 2015

Something Big is Happening!


Familiaaa

Como estan? :) This week was great. Monday we played some volleyball and yes, I loved it. After, we had plans to go to Chilis because yes there’s a Chilis here in Piura.. it’s like the only American restaurant.. and when we showed up..... it was closed. ha, just my luck. Later in the night, a new Elder from California got to the mission and we were stuck giving presentations all night that we couldn’t get out to our area.

Tuesday oh my word, ELDER BEDNAR IS COMING TO THE MISSION!!!!! Not kidding, when I heard I about jumped right out of my trousers.. Well, he’s not actually coming to OUR mission, rather the mission below us, Chiclayo.  Anyways, it’s about 6 hours away so we´ll be getting in a bus the end of August and drive down there to hear him speak.  We´re all super excited :) 

I also had an interview with President Rasmussen on Tuesday... the first one! It was more of a "get to know" you interview but yeah I see him every day so it wasn’t anything super special :) He truly is an amazing man though, I can feel and see the spirit dwell in him. Hermana Rasmussen is as good as ever.. a little stressed adapting to the whole mission life but I’m trying to do everything I can to make her feel better :)

Wednesday.. well Elder Rollins (office elder) has had stomach problems for like 7 months and needed to go to the clinic and no one wanted to go cause they were "too busy".. anyways, I volunteered to go and we ended up having a great time :) We got to the clinic at 10 AM and didn’t return until 4PM... Peruvian doctors.. it’s ridiculous.

Later that night we had a lesson with a less active that’s progressing super quickly.. Her name is Fatima, and she’s already attended like 4 times in a row. ANYWAYS, we were teaching her and her daughters friend walked in the door and apparently wanted to say hi to me... she shook my hand, leaned down, and straight kissed me! I was shocked but more than anything ridiculously uncomfortable.. anyways Elder Nosa got a good laugh out of it so that’s all that matters, right? :)

Thursday I had a work visit with Elder Lamoreaux from Mesa, Arizona.   I actually really, really enjoyed it. He likes almost all the things that I like! haha  Friday was Elder Edwards birthday so we smashed some eggs on his head and ate some chocolate muffin type thing... it wasn’t very good.  But he was happy and that’s all that really matters, right? :) 



Sunday our investigators Oscar Cunya and the Garcia Tipismana family attended church. We talked a lot about the Atonement and that we all understand what it is... we have a knowledge of the event, but are we truly applying it every day?

The Garcia Tipismana family invited us over Sunday night for a small "birthday party" for his mom that lives with them.  It was a surprise party and it was super fun.  Little did we know, Nestor Garcia invited over a Mariachi Band and they just entered and started singing at the top of their lungs... it was quite the experience... first time I’ve seen anything like it :)

This week was great.  Still loving the misison :)

espero que tengan una buena semana! :) no caigan!

-Elder Harris 


No comments:

Post a Comment