Called to Serve in the Peru Piura Mission

Monday, September 7, 2015

Act in Faith


Familiaaa que tal que ondas

esta semana fue genialisimoo :) Last week we went to Catacaos again :) Ahh we love going there and seeing all the fun things.  It’s super close to Piura too.. only like 15 minutes away.   Last week I told you about an appointment we had with a family, I don’t know if you remember? Anyways, it turned out super well!  




Tuesday Elder Edwards and I went to downtown Piura to pick some things up.  It was quite funny because Elder Edwards has blonde hair, blue eyes and I guess I’ll say we stood out like sore thumbs.  :)  People look at us like what in the world are you doing here?  Anyways, because we’re Americans they think we have money so not kidding, EVERYONE and their dog tries to sell us things.  Finally we got so sick of it we just pretended like we didn’t speak Spanish saying things like "uhh no entender".  Ask Cody about that one. Haha! It was funny :)

Later in the day, Sister Pacheco from Mexico stopped by the office to ask for a blessing of comfort.  She asked if I would give it to her and of course I was happy to :)  As I was standing behind her, I wasn’t exactly sure what I was going to say, but then I remembered Elder Bednar’s talk, "act in faith".  As soon as I remembered that, I put my hands on her head, and began the blessing.  I instantly felt the spirit take over, and speak through me.  It was a testimony to me that when we act, in faith, the Lord will never leave us.  We must learn to put our trust in Him.

Wednesday we had a HUGE family home evening lesson with the Garcia Tipismana family.  I don’t know if you remember them either but they are the family that just won’t pull the trigger to get married.  Anyways, we brought 2 members that have been married for over 18 years to talk to them and I really think that they helped out a lot.  In that moment, I was just thinking how much you and Dad could’ve helped us out... if only you were here in Piura... wellllll... and spoke Spanish! :)

Thursday my buddy Elder Hamblin left for home.  It was hard to say goodbye to him and he even teared up a bit so of course it made me tear up a bit.  He was my first District Leader when I got to the mission and he really helped me out a lot when I first arrived to Piura.  Anyways, we got tacos later so it turned out to be a good day.

Friday was Elder Soto’s birthday.... my word, where do I even start. President and Hermana Rasmussen invited us to go to this really nice restaurant for his birthday.  Not kidding, probably the nicest restaurant here.  We got calzones in Piura, Perú so that should give you a little idea of how nice this place was. :) Anyways it was really fun and we had a good time. :)



When we got back to the office, we followed the tradition of Perú and smashed about 20 eggs on Elder Soto’s head and of course, with Elder Soto’s revengeful attitude, he couldn’t let us get out clean so he attacked all of us until we were as dirty as he was.  It wasn’t even my birthday and I felt like I got hit by 20 eggs.  We have a super cool video, but it’s too long to send.... sooo I’ll show you in a year. :) Afterwards we ate cake and had a good time :)



Saturday we had a zone meeting in the morning.  Talked about "los escogidos" (the chosen).  My purpose to search, and find the ones prepared by the Lord.  There are people here in Piura that are waiting for Me. Will I deny them the opportunity to receive this great joy, because I didn’t work hard enough?  Elder Bednar taught that their stain would be over our heads, if we didn’t do our part.  wow.

Later we started our fast.  In my fast, I didn’t ask for anything.  I simply thanked God for everything that He has given me.  I realize more and more every day how blessed I truly am.  With a great family that supports me, great friends, a great opportunity to be here in Perú to learn and grow, and of course the best mom in the world. :) Sometimes I wonder how did I get so lucky? :) 

Last week we found a new family thanks to knocking doors.  We´ve had 3 lessons with them now and they are progressing really well. :)  I’ll keep you updated :)

Sunday was great.  I always love fast Sunday :)  Hearing every ones testimonies is truly a treat.  We ate lunch with the Erazco family and they gave us at least 3 pounds of rice.  Oh my word, I was sick when I was half way done, but of course, I had to finish it.  I’m grateful for their sacrifice though.
Anyways, a great week :)  I hope you guys are having fun at the horse races and I’ll see you soon.  I can’t believe it’s already been a year.  Wow.

I love you and miss you.

-Elder Harris


No comments:

Post a Comment