Called to Serve in the Peru Piura Mission

Monday, February 22, 2016

Our Room is an Oven


This week was fantastic!

Last Monday we went to a city in the south of our mission called Sechura. It’s basically a city sitting on a desert (welcome to Piura) so we took some boards out and went sandboarding..... great idea, I know. I will take the credit for that one. :) All I can say is to that I miss snowboarding........... a lot.




Tuesday we made a roof out of palm trees. Yeah, go ahead and call me Mr. Creativity. Thank you. 
Later that night we were looking for this family and we knocked on the door, thinking it was them, but a man named Pedro opened up. We were confused because we were sure that it was that house but anyways it was a miracle because he let us in and his family is amazing. We sat down and they’re like "okay we wanna know if Smith was a prophet." We were like what in the world? But we accepted it and invited them to ask God. :) 
It also rained a little bit on Tuesday night. A PIURAN MIRACLE!!!!! I think that’s 4 times now!!!!

Thursday was full of miracles.  So last week I told you we dedicated the home for the family. Anyways, we head over there to see how they were doing and they told us that they haven’t had a single problem since we dedicated their house.  Priesthood power is real! They were so grateful for us they gave us their biggest fish! :)  (By the way, fish with a face doesn’t bother me anymore.) 

When we finished out visit, we noticed that it was 10:53 and we had a district meeting starting at 11.  I looked at my comp Elder Urpeque and asked if we should head over to the church, or if we should continue to knock doors. I love what he said "we still got 6 minutes". :)  So we ended up knocking 2 more doors and found a GOLDEN part member family. It looks like we are being blessed for our diligence. :)  I love my companion.... it’s been more than 3 1/2 months and we still get along like best buds.  We moved our mattresses out of our room and onto the floor over to these big doors because it was an OVEN in our room at night and we couldn’t sleep. It feels like a sleepover every night and it’s great. :)

Thursday night we were walking down the street and this group of girls yell out to us "hello" like trying to speak English because ya know, that’s what normal little Peruvian girls do when they see a white stallion like me. Anyways, I just kept walking because it’s not the first time and plus, I’ve got more important things to focus on. As I was walking, I feel these little arms wrap around my waist, and as I look down, my eyes meet with a little girls and it hit me inside like a lighting strike. It was the weirdest thing that’s ever happened to me.  It was almost as if I knew who this little girl was.... not like I just had seen her in the street before, but that I actually knew her deeper. I asked her what her name was? She replied "Fatima".  Then I asked her "have you ever seen missionaries like us before?"   "No. Never." she replied. She ended up taking to her house and we entered and had an amazing lesson with her and her family. The whole family was present and they were SUPER INTERESTED! It was honestly a miracle that this little angel came up and hugged me in the streets, and then brought us to her house so that her family could hear the message of the restored Gospel.  
MIRACELE

Friday we helped a member put a tin roof on his new house.... it was fun, but stinking hot. I hear it’s up to 40 degrees Celsius. I’m not sure what it is in Fahrenheit but DEFINETLY hotter than Utah. I felt bed for the guy too... his house is puny. It’s like 15 ft x 9 ft.   How are ya supposed live in that?

Saturday was the baptism of Sori ... it was a special experience, I love to feel the spirit of baptisms... it’s definitely one of my favorite parts of my mission. If only every day could be baptism day :) haha

I had a great week. I see the hand of the Lord every day, and it truly is the best time of my life. 

Thanks for the love.... l love you guys too :)

-Elder Harris


No comments:

Post a Comment