Called to Serve in the Peru Piura Mission

Monday, March 30, 2015

Not Every Day is Good, But There's Something Good in Every Day


Family!

This week was great!  On Monday we went to Paita.. a different city about an hour and a half away to watch the new movie ¨Meet the Mormons¨.  It was super fun to see my old companion Elder Martinez and one of my buddies in the mission Elder Nuñez.  

Tuesday was amazing as well.  Because of the rain, Santos (a member) fence broke so we spent all morning building a new corral for his chickens.  It took like 5 hours but we got it done :) We built it out of sticks and bamboo. It’s dope.





Later in the day I went on splits with Elder Spencer from San Antonio Texas.  We got some great news that Michele got permission from her mom to be baptized. Now we’re just working with her dad.  Oh my word though, she was so happy.  BEAMING with joy.  I wish you could have seen it.  

Wednesday we had back to back splits and I went with Elder Eddington from Pleasent Grove.  He’s been in the mission for 23 months so he knows what he is doing and he really taught me a lot. Like ¨not every day is a good day, but there's something good in every day ¨. I loved that quote.

Friday we had a multi zone meeting in Talara! Ahh it was so good to see my old zone and all my friends. Especially Elder Melo, my old companion and Elder Hanvey.  President Rowley is amazing.  Seriously, I look up to him so much.  He’s the best example of someone that is Humble.  He talked about the powerful testimony of Abinadi and that we have the potential of having a testimony as strong as his.. but it’s not gonna come over night.  Testimony is a word of action.  He invited us to look inside our own conversion and ask ourselves what we´re lacking from obtaining a testimony as strong as Abinadis... 

Saturday... well... we visited this less active member named Koki.  He’s 49 and still lives with his mom. We asked what he remembered about Joseph Smith and he started telling us about Moses so that should tell you a little bit about who were working with here... in that sense, it was a little bit of a hard week.  We had 2 investigators drop this week and didn’t want anything to do with the church.

Elder Soto has been a little stressed out.. and has thrown almost all of his District Leader responsibilities on me and so I’ve just been trying to be a good companion and help him out. What makes even more stress is we didn’t have water for 3 days this week.  As you already know, those days are miserable. And to go even farther, apparently Elder Soto and I ate something on Friday cause we got SICK on Saturday and Sunday.  Yeah... diriah up the wazoo and the worst part, we had no water to flush the toilet. 

OTHER THAN THAT, it was a great week :) I truly love being a missionary.  I wouldn’t trade it for the world.. I was looking back the other day and I got a little sad that I had already been out for almost 7 months and I don’t have much time left. I’ve learned so much.. Ahh I wish you could be here :) I wish you could live my life for just a week :) 

I  hope everything goes well for you this week with your hip. I’ll continue to keep you in my prayers... 
love you guys, miss you.

- Elder Harris


No comments:

Post a Comment